August 23, 2019 - Scale It Up to Host Policy Workshop
Scale It Up to Host Policy Workshop at ATN Fall Meeting, October 22, 2019
"Adolescent HIV-Related Policy and Advocacy: Turning Science into Action!"
Date: October 22, 2019
Time: 3pm - 5pm
Place: Washington, DC
This workshop, led by Dr. Gary Harper, will focus on providing participants with the skills needed to actively participate in policy and advocacy efforts aimed at improving the health and well-being of adolescents impacted by HIV. It is open to all individuals who are interested in learning more about health-related policy and advocacy work at both the state and federal level, regardless of your background or training.
The following topics will be covered in this two hour workshop:
- U.S. legislative processes
- Various forms of policy and advocacy
- Strategies for influencing legislators
- Translating research and practice into policy
- Developing and disseminating policy briefs